Tribal Enrollment

➤ mailing address

Tribal Enrollment Department
PO Box 100
New Town, ND 58763

➤ office location

MHA Complex
1 Minne-Tohe Drive
New Town, ND 58763

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:30PM CST

☎ contact

Phone: (701) 627-4238
Fax: (701) 627-4252

tribal enrollment staff

Sevant S. Taft, Director

Delaine Clairmont, Enrollment Officer

MHA Nation 3 Chiefs Logo-Color_transparent.png

Enrollment Committee

Alice Harwood - Parshall Segment
Amy Mossett - Twin Buttes Segment
Ted Lone Fight III - Mandaree Segment
Adeline Brunsell - Chairman’s Segment
Nathaniel Mayer - New Town Segment
Thomas Eagle Jr. - White Shield Segment
Alvina Hall - 4 Bears Segment

The Enrollment Committee meets the 1st business day of each month.

Services Provided

Tribal Identification Cards, Certificate of Indian Blood, Family Tree Charts, Process incoming membership applications, recommend new applicants for membership with the Tribe, Assist in People’s Fund distributions (addresses), tribal membership verifications, BIA Form 4432, and other duties pertaining to tribal membership.

Eligible Participants

All Enrolled/Eligible members of the Three Affiliated Tribes

Area(s) Served

All Enrolled/Eligible members of the Three Affiliated Tribes, regardless of residence.

Purpose/Mission Statement

The Mission of the Tribal Enrollment Office is to provide service to the Membership, Tribal Government and Program Entities.
Tribal Enrollment will continue to be the foundation of our sovereignty and the basis of our existence.



NOTICE: Effective September 1, 2015

Updates will no longer be accepted by phone, email or fax.
Any updates will need to be done by written notarized request or in person.
This is due to a substantial increase in attempts for fraudulent updates. 

 Age 18+ must update themselves
Age 17- must be updated by their parent/legal guardian



Q.) What is the current Enrollment Requirement for the Three Affiliated Tribes? 

 A.) Article II – Membership of the Three Affiliated Tribes Constitution and By-Laws is as follows: 

       Section 1. Membership. The Membership of the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation shall consist of: 
               (a) Persons of at least 1/8th degree blood of the Hidatsa, Mandan, and/or Arikara Tribes. 
                      (As amended by amendment No. A, effective December 16, 2010. Most recent prior amendment pursuant to a 2008 Secretarial Election.)    

       Section 2. Dual Enrollment
               (a) Persons enrolled with another tribe and who have received benefits from such tribe in the form of land or payments shall not be eligible for enrollment with                       the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation, provided that inherited interests shall not be considered as being benefits. 

  (b) A person eligible for membership with the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation and another tribe shall relinquish whatever rights
         of membership he may hold in the other tribe as a condition to his enrollment with the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation. 

      Section 3. The Tribal Business Council shall have power to promulgate ordinances, subject to review by the Secretary of the Interior, governing future membership,
                    the adoption of new members and the revision of the membership rolls from time to time as determined by such ordinances. 


 Q.) What documents do I need to send in with an Enrollment Application? 

 A.) All Enrollment Applications must be accompanied with the applicant's Original State Certified Birth Certificate (No hospital copies or photocopies shall be
                accepted.) An application fee of $10.00 (Money Order Only), and a family tree chart filled out to the best of the applicant's knowledge.

                If either parent is enrolled in another federally recognized tribe other than the Three Affiliated Tribes, a Verification of Non-Enrollment must be attached to
                the application as well as the parent's Certificate of Indian Blood from their Tribe. 

 Q.) How do I obtain a copy of my Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)?

 A.) A request may be made to the Three Affiliated Tribes Enrollment Office by either written or oral contact. Only you or a parent/legal guardian may request a
               Certificate of Indian Blood be sent to you. Please have your most recent correct mailing and physical address ready upon request. 

Q.) My name was legally changed. How do I change my Enrollment Record to my new name? 

 A.) You will have to submit the supporting documentation to the Enrollment Office that states that your name has been legally changed (Marriage License, Court
               Order, Birth Certificate, Adoption Decree, etc.)